In order to be perfectly prepared for your Jungle Experience, don’t forget to pack the following items into your bag. There is a weight limit of 44lb (20kg) per person for luggage when flying to Coca. If you are staying in Quito before and after your Amazon tour you may arrange to leave some in your hotel.
- Passport plus copy (With validity of at least 6 months after our stay in Ecuador)
- Copy of booking confirmation
- Copy of your travel insurance
- Good sneakers or walking shoes
- Sandals or similar
- Llight-weight long pants
- Long sleeved and short sleeved lightweight shirts
- Wind breaker or similar light jacket
- Camera, memory cards, batteries, battery charger
- Adapter for devices (USA plug)
- Appropriate chargers for your electronic devices
- Sunscreen (min. UV30)
- Insect repellant
- Small, lightweight daypack or backpack.
- Refillable water bottle
- Cash (in $ 20.00 notes)
- Small flashlight (no headlamp)
- Any prescription medication you need to take
- Prescription glasses, both regular and sunglasses
Make sure you set all necessary visa requirements for your visit in Ecuador before you leave your home country.
Book recommendation: For visitors to the Amazon Rainforest we recommend to read the funny and interesting experience of biologists called “TROPICAL NATURE: Life and Death in the Rain Forests of Central and South America” by Adrian Forsyth and Ken Miyata.